One study has shown that around 50% of dogs are overweight. So, it is the main reason for serious diseases. Giving your dog a nutritious diet helps them to live healthily and also keeps them safe from diseases. Feed your dog with good quality food which contains a high amount of nutrition. A Dog needs a balanced and nutritional diet to stay happy and healthy. Good quality food helps to support healthy joints for your dog and also helps to live an active lifestyle, dental care, and help to protect from common intestinal upsets.
Dog food contains these essential nutrients –
Benefits of High nutrition Dog food-
- Protein is required to repair damaged cells and make new cells. Also, protein is the most important nutrient required by young, growing and pregnant dogs and having protein in your dog’s diet makes their muscles strong and maintain and repair cells.
- Fat is the most important source of energy.
- Carbohydrates are break down by the digestive system and converted to glucose which can also be a source of energy.
- Vitamins are required for normal body function as they convert calories to energy.
- Minerals are useful for growth, bones and healthy teeth of your dog.
Also, if the coat of the dog is smooth and shiny, it means that your dog is healthy and fit. Nutritious food helps to keep your dog’s immune system and the digestive system strong. Cells of the body are made up of protein, and having protein-rich food helps to grow skin, hair, muscles, organs and other tissues. Also, Good nutrition food increases energy levels. It also increases your dog’s life span and keeps them healthy.
In homemade food, you have no idea of the number of nutrients required for your dog.
There are many companies that provide balanced diet food for a dog but first, you have to read what kind of ingredients use in that food because there are some companies that use only artificial flavors.
So, be careful while purchasing food for your dog.
Find more of such interesting articles – Importance of timely Deworming.